About this Website
Cashless Payment UbeMap is a service to search for and display stores in Ube City, Yamaguchi prefecture, that accept cashless payment.
Cashless payment refers to modes of payment that do not use physical cash, including "credit cards," "electronic money," and "QR codes." Compared to cash payments, cashless payments are believed to be advantageous to both consumers and merchants in the following ways.
Advantages for Consumers:
Save more by receiving point rebates!
You can receive rebates equivalent to 5% (or 2% for FC merchants) of the total amount by making cashless payments at registered merchants during the period of the cashless consumer rebate program.
- You will have a peace of mind from not having to carry cash with you
- Information is easily managed as your usage history is automatically preserved
Advantages for Merchants:
- Your store is more likely to attract customers by offering point rebates and allowing them to save more
- Payment is more efficient without customers having to wait
- The average amount spent per customer tends to be higher than in the case of cash payments
- Mistakes and fraudulent behavior at the cash register are prevented
- Working hours, costs, and other labor expenses are reduced
In view of the above reasons, the Ube Chamber of Commerce has set up this website in anticipation of the revitalization of the local economy through the increased use of cashless payment.
About the cashless consumer rebate program
This program will be active in the period from October 1st, 2019, to June 30th, 2020, as part of the ongoing efforts to stimulate consumption. During this period, consumers can receive a 5% or 2% point rebate by making payments via eligible cashless payment modes at merchants who have registered for this program.
※Please note that if you make a cashless payment at a store that has not registered for this program, you will not receive points under this program overseen by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
※As the rebate rate may vary depending on the payment method used, please approach the store representative before making any payment if you require more information about the rebate rate.